Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturated

  • Jacob: I just feel weird.
  • Anna: Why do you feel weird?
  • Jacob: I just feel kind of...
  • Anna: You feel weird? I hate it when you say you feel weird.


Relationships are taxing. Lovely when right but so costly. Not just romantic, but any sort of relationship. Friendly, collaborative, familial, casual, strange, formal, familiar, personal. A relationship with music, film, books. Mood-effectors. It’s impossible not to be involved in some way, shape or form.

I just watched Like Crazy, and it was a gorgeous film, but I’ve been indulging myself in some strange addiction to thinking, reading, watching too many things. So much input; I’m starting to feel saturated with feelings.

I can’t always relate to the characters in the books I’ve read nor in the films I’ve watched. But while I’m watching them I do feel a need to connect. And I want to make things happen in my life so I can start to relate more. But then I step back and see how much I’m experiencing with the relationships I’m in and I don’t think I can handle anything else. I just really need a break from all of these thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment